About Me

My photo
Call me Chelle. I am a married mom of two grown sons who works full time with crazy hours. I love scouring Pinterest, You Tube and blogs for nail and beauty tutorials, contests and swatches.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Another Blue Polish

Today's post is a review of Zoya's Phoebe. Its a bright blue that reminds me of the water at the beach in Cancun. It is one of their Matte Velvet laquers. I really liked the matte polish I got from ManGlaze and since it was on clearance for $3.99 I figured it was worth a try. Thank goodness because I was not happy with it. The first thing I noticed was that even though I waited until the first coat was completely dry before I applied the second one it still pulled the first coat off in streaks. Not to mention the first coat was so sheer and streaky wearing just one coat was not an option. After 2 coats the color was great but the finish was bumpy. The little hills on it bothered me so much I put on 2 coats of Seche Vite. The color was fabulous. Unfortunately the polish was chipped the next day. I would characterize this as a total disappointment.



See the uneven finish...uggh!





See how pretty the color is with a pretty blue shimmer in it.
Even after the top coat you can see bumps in it.
     

So that concludes my week long post-a-day. Hope you found something interesting and will come back to read and follow my blog. Don't forget to Love Yourself.

                             -Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment