About Me

My photo
Call me Chelle. I am a married mom of two grown sons who works full time with crazy hours. I love scouring Pinterest, You Tube and blogs for nail and beauty tutorials, contests and swatches.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Magnetix Fail!

First off let me say I did not fail to make my posts seven days in a row intentionally. We had some craziness at our hotel which resulted in no internet service. We ended up checking out and moving to another hotel 6 minutes away. Sounds simple enough but it took us an hour to find it. That set us back an hour for our dinner plans. By the time we got to the restaurant it was extremely packed and there was a 30 minute wait. Anyway suffice to say I wasn't able to post on Saturday. I feel like my husband and I live in our own sitcom with crazy things happening to us but it always ends with us laughing. We have a good time together no matter what. We are home now so I will make up for it by posting twice.

On our way out of town I stopped at Sally's and found China Glaze's Magnetix nail polish and I was overjoyed. I had previously seen magnetic nail polish at Ulta but it was $15 so I passed on it. Unlike some of the other magnetic polishes China Glaze does not put the magnets in the lids the magnet is a separate item. Its a plastic red "U" with three different magnets on it and little crescents on the underside that are supposed to keep the magnet the proper distance from your nail. Wrong!!!

The magnet was a pain in my @ss!

Either the magnet touched the polish and smudged it or it was too far away from the nail to effectively create the pattern in the polish. I was at the point where I nearly threw it all in the garbage when my husband said he thought it was cool. So I removed all the polish and tried it a second time. It did come out better the second time but not without fault. Below are the pics from that attempt. I will give it another try but probably not too soon. I love the way it looks its just a little time consuming and infuriating. Anyway I had a wonderful weekend and I hope you did too. Take some time today and love yourself and get ready for Monday. Holla!
                                                                                                                                           -Chelle







No comments:

Post a Comment