About Me

My photo
Call me Chelle. I am a married mom of two grown sons who works full time with crazy hours. I love scouring Pinterest, You Tube and blogs for nail and beauty tutorials, contests and swatches.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012




Teal Tuesday: Cutie Pie

Whats up folks?!?! I have decided that since yesterday was Blue Monday I will call today's post Teal Tuesday. I am still working on getting all my LLarowe nail mail tested out so today's feature will be another one from the HITS Mari Moon Modern Collection. Its called Cutie Pie and it is delicious. You see originally I purchased the Modern Collection because the swatches I had seen online of Dreamer had me drooling. Well let me tell you that I had no idea that Cutie Pie would outshine Dreamer but in my humble opinion it does. Its a "triochrome" yes that's right three color shifts. The color goes from a emerald green, to a blue teal and finally to purple and there are even subtle shifts between those colors. Take a look at the pics and grab a napkin for your drool. ;)

1st coat with flash 

One coat in the sunlight
2nd coat in the sunlight outdoors

Two coats indoors with flash






Three coats indoors with flash. See how pretty emerald green it looks

Indoors no flash at a different angle looks like a nice grape purple frost

This pic shows the color shift really well I think


My Review:


  • Price: $8 single or you can pay $28 for the Modern Collection which contains Dreamer, Cutie Pie, Cool & Trendy
  • Size: 6ml
  • Brush: flat and cut straight across
  • Application: 1 coat is a sheer wash of watery color, 2nd coats gives decent coverage and the 3rd coat really gives it desired opacity combined with intense color payoff. It has a tendency to "drag" the previous coat off  in streaks when applying 2nd and 3rd coats so I would suggest waiting a few (3-4) minutes between thin coats to give it some time to dry. 
  • Formula: Its definitely a shimmer but to me it feels like tiny color shifting dots of pigment suspended in a lavender jelly.
  • Wear: Day 2 and I have absolutely no tip wear. I'm about to apply something else so I can only say that it would probably last about 4 days and still look great the way Dreamer did.
  • Pros: Eye catching amazing color. It just makes you smile every time you catch a glimpse in different light and discover a new color.
  • Cons: The time it takes to apply in order to avoid the "drag streaks" and the fact it's only available online. Speciallita REALLY needs to find a retailer like Ulta, Walgreens or Sally's to carry their products.

    One thing I did notice when I used my Julep Fast Dry Top Coat it started to bubble. I tapped my fingernails several times very hard on my coffee table while the top coat was still wet and that seemed to get rid of the bubbles. BTW I hate the Julep top coat because it smells like eau le skunk. Its also a little tacky to the touch after it dries. I was trying it out on this mani because I knew I wouldn't be wearing it for long but I ended up topping this mani with Out the Door topcoat. Well it's raining outside and the mailman just brought my latest Netflix selections so I'm about to pop in a movie and start on my polish change. Until we talk again please do me a big favor and Love Yourself!

                                                                                                                                     -Chelle

    No comments:

    Post a Comment