About Me

My photo
Call me Chelle. I am a married mom of two grown sons who works full time with crazy hours. I love scouring Pinterest, You Tube and blogs for nail and beauty tutorials, contests and swatches.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Blue Monday Apollo the Sun God

Its Monday and I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. I have seen other nail girls and their Pink Wednesdays and I thought to myself; "Self, why not do Blue Mondays since you love blue polishes so much?" Today is the first of many. The color is Apolo by HITS from the No Olimpo Collection I ordered it from Llarowe.

  • Price: $10 
  • Size: 6ml
  • Brush: its flat & blunt cut straight across
  • Application: Applies easily and surprisingly smooth 
  • Formula: This is a blue jelly with a drop of green mixed in that envelopes a silver holographic linear glitter
  • Coats: 1- on the sheer side but wearable 2- opaque and creates a pretty shade of blue 3- three coats really deepens the color and makes the linear hologlitter pop!
  • Wear: With a topcoat of Gelous and OTD on top my 3 coats went three days without tip wear.
  • Pros: The color is intense and bright at the same time. Each coat builds up the holo flash. 
  • Cons: You can purchase this polish for $8.00 on the Speciallita.com but because the company is based in Brazil the website is in Portugese and I was unable to get the purchase to go through. This was especially disappointing when I saw all the products and unconventional colors they make.





Indoors with flash.

Inside without flash



Indoors with flash
Outdoors in full sun
From a different angle outdoors in full sun.
 I can't wait to put it on my toes.
Overall I love this polish and would give it an A- just because the brush is not cut into a rounded shape. Today is the first day in my attempt to post seven days in a row. Let's see how this goes. Until tomorrow Love Yourself cause I love you to. Oh and If you haven't subscribed yet please do so and leave me comments!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment