About Me

My photo
Call me Chelle. I am a married mom of two grown sons who works full time with crazy hours. I love scouring Pinterest, You Tube and blogs for nail and beauty tutorials, contests and swatches.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

ManGlaze, Mommy Loves You At First Kiss!!!

Yesterday I got a cute little white box in the mail from Chicago. Inside the box were my first bottles of ManGlaze Matte Finish Nail Color.
Packed securely in a three section plastic bag with peanuts surrounding them

Besides the polishes I got a sticker, a guitar pick charm and some business cards.

I love the artwork on these bottles!



I placed my order on Amazon on Friday and got 10% off with the code OCCUPYME.  The three bottles I ordered were Fuggen Ugly(matte grey), Matte is Murder(matte black) and MatteAstrophe(matte clear top coat). I feel like its Christmas I'm so giddy with excitement. So I must get to polishing right away.(polishing and pics done yesterday) I'm going to try both colors at the same time. Matte is Murder on the left hand and Fuggen Ugly on the right.

First let's see Matte Is Murder:

In the sunlight. This was just one coat. I was impressed by how opaque it was in one coat. The color is a lot more charcoal grey than black with a silver shimmer that when dry disappears into the velvety finish. It applied much less streaky than other mattes I have tried. It doesn't self level so I found slow deliberate strokes to evenly distribute the color worked best for me.

This is after two coats. The coverage and color payoff is ahhmazing. I used Gelous top coat on my index finger and a coat of OPI  I Lily Love You on my ring finger. I took this opportunity to try out the MatteAstrophe over the flaky. I love the look.


Here is a closer look at this mattetastic mani!


Now onto the right hand and Fuggen Ugly(I am right handed so...):

This was one coat of FU in the sunlight. There is lots of shimmer in this polish in subtle shades of green and silver in a steel gray base. One coat is not as opaque as MIM. Although it did apply just as well as MIM using the same slow and easy strokes. I love how the shimmer gives the matte such a pretty sheen. 

Two coats. On my ring finger Gelous top coat and on my index finger Essie Shine of the Times and a coat of MatteAstrophe on top. The SOTT does something quite odd. It seemed to split; for lack of a better word, the matteness(is that even a word) with a single line almost like a crack that was shiny. Too bad because I liked the look of this uniform orange-green flaky over the grey.

Here is a closer look.


I am going to keep wearing this polish till it needs removed to test out the wear.  Its supposed to be tough enough for a man so we will see.  I will post and update to let you know how long it lasts.
All in all I am pleased with my purchase and I'm going back for more.  I didn't want to invest too much money initially because this was a new untested brand for me. There were lots of pretty colors including a fuchsia, a red and a lovely burple named "Cabron". I love these crazy names! I am stoked about the matte top coat MatteAstrophe because of my neverending search for Matte About You. Okay dolls I am outta here have a great week and do me a favor Love Yourself! 



No comments:

Post a Comment