About Me

My photo
Call me Chelle. I am a married mom of two grown sons who works full time with crazy hours. I love scouring Pinterest, You Tube and blogs for nail and beauty tutorials, contests and swatches.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Nailside Cloud Bite

I love Jane at Nailside.blogspot.com. She has posted several cloud manis and below are my attempts to master a pretty simple technique. Basically just polishing 3 strokes over a base color with just enough polish on the brush to create the crescent at the top of the stroke.

Base coat of Revlon Sheer Peach then OPI Y'all Come Back Ya Hear? then Pop  beauty Ten  with Revlon Facets of Fuschia on top.
Wet N Wild disturbia, Sephora by OPI  Iris I Was Thinner then SHX Lacey Lilac with a topcoat of Essie Shine of the Times

Some things to remember with this mani:
Too much polish on the brush will build to a bump like you see in the Lacey Lilac on my ring finger.
Using polishes that have similar size and shape brushes makes for more uniform crescents.
Turning a wide brush sideways will create the smaller crescents.
Curved bristle brushes work well.
Till next time Love Yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment