About Me

My photo
Call me Chelle. I am a married mom of two grown sons who works full time with crazy hours. I love scouring Pinterest, You Tube and blogs for nail and beauty tutorials, contests and swatches.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Midnight Shopping Run


So I found myself in a completely silent house at midnight, unable to sleep & with nothing left to watch on the DVR. Completely bored, I decided to run to Walgreens on my quest to find Essie Matte About You. I have previously checked two stores with no luck. "Go to Ulta", you say. "Make it easy on myself", you say. I would but I have a truly horrible condition that does not allow me to walk in and walk out of that store without dropping enough money to feed a small starving village.  Besides Ulta closed hours ago.
   
     So I started my search with the closest Walgreens to find it does not stay open 24 hours. Undaunted I headed down the street to the Walmart neighborhood market. Their nail polish selection totally sucked and after diving into a clearance bin for 15 minutes I surfaced with a bottle of SH Complete Mani in Pedal to the Medal marked down to $5.77.  My next stop was CVS which closed at midnight so I did a donut in the parking lot and headed for another Walgreens about 1 mile away. There I picked up two L'Oreal polishes; After Hours and Now You Sea me. All their L'Oreal cosmetics are BOGO 50% off right now and there is $1.00 off coupon in their little book for January. I also got three Revlon polishes; Smoldering and Naughty in the new colors display and Tangerine on the marked down shelf in front of the pharmacy. Don't you just love that about Walgreens? I do because I never know what lovely little jewels I will find here. Today I got SHX in Go Green.  Alas this store was also sold out of the treasure I came in search of.

     Dejected I headed home then I remembered there is a Walmart Supercenter not too far out the way so I bust a U-ey in the intersection hoping for the best.As soon as I walk into the store I head straight for the HBA section. Bargain bins full of boxed candy and school supplies call out my name but I do not listen. New Sterlite stackable drawers in pretty shades of purple and blue try to seduce me as I quickly walk past. I will not be distracted. Well maybe I will walk down that aisle on my way out I do need more polish storage.
     Once I arrive at my destination I am heart broken to find there is no Matte About You here either. So with my head hung low I slowly walk past the various nail polish displays hoping to find a gem or two that will comfort me. I do find some cute Bon Bon colors in a light blue foil and a magenta bar glitter with random turquoise bar glitter in it. I guess the bottles are too little to fit a name on them. The risk is worth 98 cents. I'm totally miffed to find SHCM in here for $4.99 full price. Mental note to self: stop paying $6.99 at Target for this polish.  I also picked up an NYC polish in Starry Silver Glitter which is a holographic silver micro glitter with teal and lavender hex glitter mixed in. I remembered wanting a bottle of Pure Ice Busted so I picked that up too as I headed to the register.
Someday I'll find you, you elusive Essie matte topcoat. There are lots more Walgreens to check but I think tomorrow I will test my willpower and hit Ulta. Well time to test these babies out! Goodnight all and remember to Love Yourself!

The Bon Bon light blue. Three coats over a base coat of white. Consider me unimpressed with this watery  thin formula.


The Bon Bon bar glitter over a nondescript black. Not bad topcoat should help this little beauty shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment