About Me

My photo
Call me Chelle. I am a married mom of two grown sons who works full time with crazy hours. I love scouring Pinterest, You Tube and blogs for nail and beauty tutorials, contests and swatches.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

My First Butter London: Knackered




So I saw the ad for the new Spring 2012 Butter London colors in a magazine a month or so ago. In the add there was a beautiful purple/green glittering duochrome in the center. The shade is called Knackered and I had to have it. I had to go to every Ulta store in town to track it down and finally got it tonight. In real life the color wasn't so gorge. I expected to hear an angel's aria and see beams of light shining all around it. The color appears to be a seafoam green with silvery lilac duochrome and scattered holo microglitter. It is still very pretty but just now what I hoped for. It took three coats to get total opacity. The formula was just the right consistency. Not too thick not too runny. The color doesn't transfer exactly from bottle to nail but its pretty close.





one coat gives very little color but a decent amount of sparkle

2nd coat is enough to impart the lavender color and  now  the holo glitter shines quite nicely

3rd and final coat with Gelous topcoat. Its a very pretty  color with  lots of holo glitter sparkle

from this angle you see the sea foam in the polish

I'm not sure you can see all the fabulous little rainbows in the pic but in real life its  ahhmazing

another pic in attempt to show off the holo glitter
Although I do prefer a duochrome that shifts on the nail side to side with the curve of the nail to this tilt up down variety I do like the color. Its quite regal feeling. I have been taking all my pics with my iPhone but I do own a real camera so hopefully my pics will be better with it. Please comment and tell me what you think of my little blog. I'm not super sensitive but helpful is better that hateful when it comes to critiques. Peace out people and do't forget to Love Yourself!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment